Monday, September 2, 2013

Anchors Away!

 I love kids room, with so many fun prints and bright colors. It's fun just to play around with ideas for kids rooms. I don't have any kids, but someday when I do i've dreamed of doing a boys room a little nautical. Not to over the top, but subtle. So here my inspiration board for a baby boy's nautical nursery.

Baby Boy's Nautical Nursery Inspiration

Cute stuff, right?! I totally adore the wooden crab clock. I would go with a basic wooden crib and refinish a dresser in a fun color for the changing table. The room color would maybe be a light blue, gray, or something in the blue color tones. And have red, white, navy blue, and yellow? as accent tones. So here's where all of what's picture is from and the prices.
1.) Anchor Hooks- $38 for a set of three attached, or $15 for individual hooks. By riricreations on Etsy
2.) Nautical Nursery Prints- $16.95 for set of 4. By littlebirdieprints on Etsy
3.) Bamboo Crab Clock- $60. By graphicspaceswood on Etsy
4.) Idea for a print diy I would make with the Verse Hebrews 6:19a on it.
5.) Anchor Pillow- $79. By Ethan Allen
6.) Rocker- $849. By Land of Nod
7.) Curtains- $39.99 for one. This is actually a shower curtain, so these are just an style to go by. By Tiny Tottie
8.) Whale Print- ? for set of 2 prints. This is a sold item on etsy, so there's no price listed. By ZeppiPrints on Etsy
9.) Chervon Ottoman- $69.99, but on sale for $49.99! I would actually prefer this is a blue color I think, gray would work though too. Also great for extra storage! By Target

So the grand total of this is $1172.92 + the cost of the whale prints and the diy artwork for Hebrews 6:19.
This is alittle much and I think I can do much better. I think I would diy all the art work myself, diy the pillow or find a cheaper one- I think I can do either for about $20. I can also find a cheaper chair, curtains, and maybe the hooks. I would actually consider the ottoman. And I would totally splurge on the cutest crab clock!
So there's some ideas for a super cute not overly nautical baby boy's room. If you have a nautical inspired room you would like to share, we would love to see it! Send pics or links  to thecreativehomeproject(at)gmail(dot)com!
Remember, home design and decorating doesn't have to cost a ton, with being creative you can get the room you want with the budget you have!
Thanks for reading,
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment